- Two-car collision kills Buckley WSU student
- Green River levee work requires trail segment through Kent to close | King Count...
- Bloodworks Northwest plans blood drive next Monday
- Gas prices over the holidays stay low | Seattle Weekly Fuel Update & Outlook
- Enumclaw tackles unpaid court fines with new collection agency
- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
WRHS BOYS BASKETBALL: Hornets fall to Sumner for No. 3 SPSL 2A finish
The White River boys basketball squad cruised down the South Puget Sound League 2A highway, beating Fife 59-55 Feb. 1 and downing Steilacoom 72-63 Thursday, then ran into a nasty barrier in Sumner High.
The Hornets managed to shoot just 25 percent from the floor and produced their lowest point total of the season against the Spartans, losing 41-34.
White River lost just three league encounters all season, but two of those came at the hands of the Spartans, who finished with an identical league mark to White River at 11-3. Since White River lost both of its league tilts against Sumner, the Spartans emerged as the No. 2 seed.
White River will take the No. 3 seed out of the SPSL 2A.
White River next plays at 6 p.m. Friday at Foster High in Tukwila, most likely taking on Renton of the Seamount League.