- Enumclaw Expo Center awarded funds for Field House Renovation | King County
- Metropolitan regions affirm commitment to welcoming Syrian refugees | King Count...
- Area athletes net all-league honors | Enumclaw, White River, Bonney Lake and Sum...
- County Council approves adding more land to King County’s “Green Curtain” | King...
- Enumclaw tackles unpaid court fines with new collection agency
- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Enumclaw High third in state cheer competition
Enumclaw High’s cheer squad finished third in the coed competition Saturday at the state cheer championships in Everett.
The coed division included two 4A teams, three 3A teams and one 2A team.
Coach Kim Westering said the Hornets were the highest placing 3A/2A team, but lost to the two 4A teams, Kentwood and Stadium, that were in the division.
The Hornets’ score was 231. Kentwood finished with 249 and Stadium 244.
Westering also noted Enumclaw had the second-highest 3A/2A/1A score of all 50 teams in all divisions, only two points behind Hanford’s 233.
High schools at the state cheerleading tournament competed in: varsity small, varsity medium, varsity large, coed and non-tumbling. Video coverage of the championships can be viewed at www.wiaanetwork.com.