- Two-car collision kills Buckley WSU student
- Green River levee work requires trail segment through Kent to close | King Count...
- Bloodworks Northwest plans blood drive next Monday
- Gas prices over the holidays stay low | Seattle Weekly Fuel Update & Outlook
- Enumclaw tackles unpaid court fines with new collection agency
- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Panthers break their losing streak | Bonney Lake Boys Basketball
The Bonney Lake boys basketball team broke an early season losing streak Tuesday night, and pulled out a 55-49 conference win against the Seahawks at Peninsula High School.
The Panthers achieved a 9-8 advantage in the first quarter, but a 14-17 second quarter left them two points behind at the half. They reopened play with a 19-11 quarter three, and a dead even 13-13 fourth quarter sealed the Seahawks' fate.
Whatever gift fate gave to the girls team at home was given to the boys as well. While the girls' Mekenzie Voellger racked up 26 points in their game, the boys' Derek Lund made 22 points worth of baskets, a performance unprecedented by him or his teammates this season.
The boys team makes the trek to Sitka, Alaska this week to play three games.