- Two-car collision kills Buckley WSU student
- Green River levee work requires trail segment through Kent to close | King Count...
- Bloodworks Northwest plans blood drive next Monday
- Gas prices over the holidays stay low | Seattle Weekly Fuel Update & Outlook
- Enumclaw tackles unpaid court fines with new collection agency
- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Former EHS football coach lands top job at Eastlake High
Former Enumclaw High football coach Don Bartel – who guided the Hornet fortunes for four seasons before resigning after the 2011 campaign – has been named the head coach at Eastlake High.
Bartel is a familiar face at Eastlake, having served as defensive coordinator for three seasons before taking the head job at Enumclaw. After leaving EHS, Bartel was quickly named defensive coordinator at powerhouse Skyline High, which went 14-0 during Bartel’s only season and captured the Class 4A state championship.
Eastlake was 4-6 overall last season and went 1-3 in the Crest division of the KingCo Conference.
Bartel isn’t moving far, as Eastlake and Skyline are neighbors on the Sammamish Plateau.