- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Prep athletes sign on with college programs
A handful of local athletes recently signed national letters-of-intent with colleges throughout the land.
Enumclaw High School
• Sam Bauer accepted a scholarship offer to wrestle for the University of Northern Colorado in Greeley, about 45 minutes from Denver. He also had offers from Oregon State University and the Univer-sity of Wyoming, but chose the Bears of the Division I Big Sky Conference. Bauer was Washington’s Class 3A champion at 119 pounds last season after taking runner-up honors as a sophomore.
• Taylor Franich has signed a letter-of-intent to play Division I softball for the University of Buffalo. She is a shortstop for the Hornets.
White River High School
• Kendall Williams, a 6-foot-2 center with the Hornets’ girls basketball team, signed with Western Washington University. A season ago, she was the Hornets’ leading scorer, averaging nearly 12 points, and also led the squad in rebounding.
Bonney Lake High School
• Dylan Brown accepted a baseball scholarship from the University of Oregon and will suit up for the Ducks of the Division I Pacific 10 Conference. Brown voted 2008 All-League pitcher and first base in the South Puget Sound League, 3A. He was also chosen as honorable mention All-Area pitcher and All-State pitcher. He was voted in as the 2009 Bonney Lake High School Co-captain.
• Caitlin Colvin signed a fastpitch scholarship with the Ohio University in Athens, Ohio. In 2006 Colvin was voted first-team All League in the Seamount League, in 2007 she earned second team honors in the South Puget Sound League 3A and in 2008 she was chosen to the first team All League in the SPSL. In 2008 she was voted as second-team all-state and was the Bonney Lake High’s Offensive Player of the Year.
• Brown and Colvin are the first Division I athletes from Bonney Lake High.