- Two-car collision kills Buckley WSU student
- Green River levee work requires trail segment through Kent to close | King Count...
- Bloodworks Northwest plans blood drive next Monday
- Gas prices over the holidays stay low | Seattle Weekly Fuel Update & Outlook
- Enumclaw tackles unpaid court fines with new collection agency
- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Spartans win with several district times
The Sumner High School boys swim team outscored Auburn Mountainview 110-73 with several team members qualifying for districts.
Alex Ekstrom, Zach Morrison, Trent Powers and Mike Hegel placed first and earned a district worthy time of 1 minute, 59.31 seconds in the 200-yard medley relay.
In the 200 freestyle, Ekstrom took first and qualified for districts with his time of 1:55.84. Trent Powers placed second in the same event with a time of 2:05.99.
Conner Powers timed in at 2:24.58 in the 200 individual medley, taking first and earning a spot at districts. Zane Gustafson placed second in the event with his time of 2:29.33.
Sumner placed third, fourth and fifth in the 100 butterfly witih Brandon Richinson coming in at 1:16.85, Kevin Warren at 1:17.66 and Luke Dedominies at 1:26.29.
Morrison earned a time of 55.84 in the 100 freestyle and Hegel and Matt Pomroy took third and fourth with respective times of 1:03.37 and 1:04.32.
In the 500 freestyle, Ekstrom and Conner Powers earned first and second place, with district-qualifying times of 5:12.46 and 5:49.68 while Gustafson took third with a time of 6:10.52.