- Enumclaw Expo Center awarded funds for Field House Renovation | King County
- Metropolitan regions affirm commitment to welcoming Syrian refugees | King Count...
- Area athletes net all-league honors | Enumclaw, White River, Bonney Lake and Sum...
- County Council approves adding more land to King County’s “Green Curtain” | King...
- Enumclaw tackles unpaid court fines with new collection agency
- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
McDougall wins tourament for second straight year
For the second straight year, Enumclaw High’s Alicia McDougall went undefeated at the Yelm girls wrestling tournament. McDougall won all three of her matches by fall at the Saturday tourney.
Teammate Chantelle Bailey also earned three pins, including an upset of last year’s state fourth-place finisher.
“It’s been a while since we’ve been on the mat,” coach Jerry Scheidt said, referring to a bevy of canceled tournaments and bad weather that kept the Hornets at home.
Hornet teammate Jenny Paterson went 2-1 at the Yelm tournament. Her loss came to an Olympia opponent who weighed in a weight class above Paterson.
Rose Johnson picked up her lone win of the tournament with a 7-1 decision over a Yelm participant.
Carson Seitz, back from a shoulder injury, Kasandra Renfrow and Mary Nygaard also participated. Renfrow, a freshman who has been out with an ankle injury, rallied from an 8-2 deficit in one of her matches to tie the score only to get pinned in the closing 10 seconds on what Scheidt called a “rookie mistake.”
The girls also wrestled at Emerald Ridge in Puyallup Friday with Bailey, Paterson, Johnson and Renfrow participating.
The Lady Hornets return to Emerald Ridge Saturday for a varsity tournament.