- Two-car collision kills Buckley WSU student
- Green River levee work requires trail segment through Kent to close | King Count...
- Bloodworks Northwest plans blood drive next Monday
- Gas prices over the holidays stay low | Seattle Weekly Fuel Update & Outlook
- Enumclaw tackles unpaid court fines with new collection agency
- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Bailey, Paterson earn titles at Emerald Ridge
With three straight pins each, Enumclaw High’s Chantelle Bailey and Jenny Paterson ran off with the 171- and 160-pound titles at the Emerald Ridge girls wrestling tournament Saturday in Puyallup.
The pair dominated their respective 16-person brackets. Paterson secured her title with a 43-second pin the final round.
Alicia McDougall lost her second match in overtime and wrestled back to finish fifth.
Rose Johnson suffered an injury in her second match and had to pull out of the tournament.
Kasandra Renfrow also competed.
Coach Jerry Scheidt said the Lady Hornets are trying to work in a dual match with Sumner and are hoping to match up with White River Thursday. The team heads to Jackson High in Everett for a make-up tournament Saturday.