- Two-car collision kills Buckley WSU student
- Green River levee work requires trail segment through Kent to close | King Count...
- Bloodworks Northwest plans blood drive next Monday
- Gas prices over the holidays stay low | Seattle Weekly Fuel Update & Outlook
- Enumclaw tackles unpaid court fines with new collection agency
- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Spartans score victory over Clover Park High
The Sumner High girls had a split week with one loss and one win, which improved their South Puget Sound League 3A record to 3-9.
The Spartans beat Clover Park 52-46 Jan. 27 at home. Sumner’s second game of the week was a 59-22 loss Friday at Auburn Mountainview.
The Spartans have four games remaining. Sumner hosted Lakes Tuesday, will travel to Franklin Pierce Friday for a 7 p.m. game, travels to White River for a 5:15 p.m. game Tuesday and finishes with a 5:15 game at home against district rival Bonney Lake.
Against Auburn Mountainview the Spartans fell behind early and were not able to regain momentum.
Ashley Delany and Tye Lubking each scored six points.
In the victory over Clover Park Sumner took a first quarter lead 16-15. In the second frame the Spartan girls dropped down 12 points to Clover Park’s six, which was the margin the team needed to take the victory.
Angie Wagar-Sanchez had the hot hand for Sumner with 15 points and Lubking added 10.
Reach Dennis Box at firstname.lastname@example.org or 360-802-8209.