- Enumclaw Expo Center awarded funds for Field House Renovation | King County
- Metropolitan regions affirm commitment to welcoming Syrian refugees | King Count...
- Area athletes net all-league honors | Enumclaw, White River, Bonney Lake and Sum...
- County Council approves adding more land to King County’s “Green Curtain” | King...
- Enumclaw tackles unpaid court fines with new collection agency
- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Kellogg leads boys; Jones tops for Lady Hornets Hornets keep on rolling
Thursday brought great success for the Enumclaw High track and field program, as both the boys’ and girls’ teams secured double-dual victories over Franklin Pierce and Clover Park.
The Hornet boys scored a 91-54 decision over Franklin Pierce and a 98-46 victory over the Warriors. The EHS girls handled the Cardinals 107-42 and rolled to a 132-12 victory over the outmatched Clover Park squad.
The boys had plenty of successes, including a trio of two-time winners. Abe Kellogg won both the hurdle races, clocking times of 40.57 seconds in the 300 meters and 15.91 in the 110; Joe Berger ran a 4:44.3 in the 1,600 meters and 10:40.1 in the 3,200; and Chance Olson won the shot put with an effort of 43 feet, 7 inches and threw the javelin 162-2. Also a winner on the day was Braden Timpe, who finished the 800 meters in 1:58.2.
The Hornet girls were headed by triple-winner Stephanie Jones, who won the 100-meter hurdles with a time of 16.05; took the 300 hurdles in 47.43 and captured the high jump by clearing 4-10.
Other Hornet girls notching victories were Carissa Gwerder, who covered the 3,200 meters in 12:19 and 800 meters in 2:28; Emily Eilertson, who clocked a 5:56.3 in the 1,600 meters; Stephanie Schreiner, 1:00.30 in the 400 meters and 17-9 in the long jump; Jillian Koontz, 8-0 in the pole vault; and Anna Forza, 98-9 in the javelin.
Reach Kevin Hanson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 360-802-8205.