- Two-car collision kills Buckley WSU student
- Green River levee work requires trail segment through Kent to close | King Count...
- Bloodworks Northwest plans blood drive next Monday
- Gas prices over the holidays stay low | Seattle Weekly Fuel Update & Outlook
- Enumclaw tackles unpaid court fines with new collection agency
- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Enumclaw tennis: Enumclaw players continue West Central District play
Enumclaw High's Morgan Johnson lost to Haley Zeylmaker of Hazen, 6-2, 6-3 then defeated Nicole Tibi of Olympic, 6-1, 6-4 to stay alive in the West Central District girls tennis tournament May 19 at Sprinker Recreation Center in Parkland, Wash. She is scheduled to play Sydney Codd of Mount Rainier May 21 as she works her way through the consolation bracket trying to earn a spot in the state 3A tennis tournament May 29 and 30 in Vancouver, Wash.
Enumclaw also has two doubles teams in the tournament. Both lost their opening matches but continue to fight through the consolation bracket.
Lauren Redman and Anna Nelson won their first set with Lauren Wetzel and Julie Piboonvarannggon of Columbia River 6-3, but dropped the next two 7-5 and 6-1. They are scheduled to play Cara Usher and Brooke Reed of Auburn Mountainview Thursday, May 21.
Breanna Pierce and Julie Sanders lost to Carly Boyden and Sam Brown of Mount Rainier High. The Enumclaw duo dropped the first set 6-3, rallied to win the second 6-4, then fell the final set 6-4.
The EHS pair will play Cassidy Fairchild and Sam Manwell of Port Angeles Thursday, May 21.