- Two-car collision kills Buckley WSU student
- Green River levee work requires trail segment through Kent to close | King Count...
- Bloodworks Northwest plans blood drive next Monday
- Gas prices over the holidays stay low | Seattle Weekly Fuel Update & Outlook
- Enumclaw tackles unpaid court fines with new collection agency
- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Sumner fastpitch: Spartans struggle with Capital
The brash, young, offense-based, yet exciting Sumner High fastpitch gang came into the West Central District 3A fastpitch tournament at Sprinker Recreation Center in Parkland, Wash., with a chip on its shoulder and a great deal to prove.
The Spartans played the first game on the first-round docket and sadly drew the No. 1 seed out of the Western Cascade Conference, Capital High. In that lackluster tilt with the 13-5 Cougars, Sumner, which was the eighth seed out of the South Puget Sound League 3A, fell short as it was unable to string together any hits, dropping that battle 3-1.
Then, in the Friday night loser-out game against Sumner School District nemesis Bonney Lake, the Spartans went down in flames, losing to a fired-up Panther pack 6-1.
Reach John Leggett at firstname.lastname@example.org or 360-802-8207.