- Two-car collision kills Buckley WSU student
- Green River levee work requires trail segment through Kent to close | King Count...
- Bloodworks Northwest plans blood drive next Monday
- Gas prices over the holidays stay low | Seattle Weekly Fuel Update & Outlook
- Enumclaw tackles unpaid court fines with new collection agency
- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
EHS TENNIS: Hornets off to 2-0 start
Hornets started the season with a one-two punch besting Yelm 4-1 in a nonleague contest Sept. 9 and Peninsula 4-1 in South Puget Sound League 3A action Friday.
Against Yelm, sophomore Dan Milat topped Miles Granger in No. 1 singles with a 7-2 tiebreaker in the first set and then cruised to a 6-2 win in the second set.
All three Hornet doubles teams were victorious. Matt Zender and Justin Williams combined for a 6-4, 6-2 win. Levi Goodin and Casey Clare teamed for a 6-4, 6-1 win, and Kevin Johnson and Patrick Putnam were 6-1, 6-0 winners.
Against the Seahawks, No. 2 doubles player, sophomore Landon Berry lost the first set 6-2 then won a 7-5 tiebreaker and the final set 6-3.
Zender and Williams paired up for another victory, winning the first and third sets, 6-0, 7-2, respectively.
Enumclaw’s second and third doubles also won. Goodin and Clare taking their match with the final two sets, 6-3, 7-5, while Johnson and Putnam won 6-2, 6-1.