- Two-car collision kills Buckley WSU student
- Green River levee work requires trail segment through Kent to close | King Count...
- Bloodworks Northwest plans blood drive next Monday
- Gas prices over the holidays stay low | Seattle Weekly Fuel Update & Outlook
- Enumclaw tackles unpaid court fines with new collection agency
- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
PEE WEE FOOTBALL: Puyallup roughs up Wolverines
The Wolverines put up a valiant effort Sunday, but fell short to the Puyallup Roughriders.
The Pee Wees fought hard but lost 26-0.
The Midgets played a tough game, but were unable to get into the end zone, dropping a 20-0 contest.
The 89ers came out and shocked Puyallup with Ryan Redford’s pass to Bear Kuro, but it was nullified by a penalty flag. The Wolverines’ offense controlled the ball the whole first quarter but were unable to find the end zone. The game turned into a defensive battle until the third quarter when Puyallup scored what would become the winning touchdown. The Wolverine 89er fifth-quarter team scored on Jackson McCann’s 40-yard run up the middle.
The Sweet Peas played hard, but in the end were defeated by the Roughriders. Nathan Archer scored both of the Wolverines’ TDs in the fifth quarter and Jesse Graf ran the ball well.
The Bantams lost a hard-fought game 32-14. In the final play of the first half Kyle Krysko was tackled inside the 1-yard line after a 30-plus yard run, leaving the score 20-0. In the second half, the Wolverines scored twice with touchdowns by Krysko and Kyle Coutts.