- Enumclaw Expo Center awarded funds for Field House Renovation | King County
- Metropolitan regions affirm commitment to welcoming Syrian refugees | King Count...
- Area athletes net all-league honors | Enumclaw, White River, Bonney Lake and Sum...
- County Council approves adding more land to King County’s “Green Curtain” | King...
- Enumclaw tackles unpaid court fines with new collection agency
- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
EHS GIRLS GOLF: Hornets seek another title
All six Enumclaw High golfers posted double-figure scoring to boost the Hornets to a 95-47 win over Bonney Lake Sept. 29 at Enumclaw. The undefeated Hornet girls are on their way to another South Puget Sound League 3A title.
The Hornets have captured seven-straight league crowns, dating back to 2002. The Hornets close out the regular league season at 3 p.m. Thursday at home against Lakes. A win would make it eight titles in a row and would also be the fifth-straight undefeated season for the Hornets, who have not lost a league match since the 2004-05 season.
Monday, Enumclaw junior varsity players get a shot at qualifying for the Oct. 15 SPSL 3A medalist tournament at Fort Lewis. The run to the state tournament in the spring begins Oct. 20 with the state qualifying tournament at Fort Lewis. The Hornets were the 2008 state champions, the 2007 state runner-up and third-place finisher in 2009.
Lady Hornet Kelly Sweeney led the charge against Bonney Lake, shooting 40 on the par-35 front nine for 22 team points and medalist honors. Torey Schreiner followed at 44 strokes for 18 points. Kaylee Salsbury also had 18 points with a 48. Janie Francis was one stroke behind and Caitlin Runland was two back, both for 13 points. Claire Hinman rounded out the scoring at 51 for 11 points.