- Two-car collision kills Buckley WSU student
- Green River levee work requires trail segment through Kent to close | King Count...
- Bloodworks Northwest plans blood drive next Monday
- Gas prices over the holidays stay low | Seattle Weekly Fuel Update & Outlook
- Enumclaw tackles unpaid court fines with new collection agency
- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
WRHS GIRLS SOCCER: France’s goals keep WRHS in it
The White River High girls played to a pair of 2-1 soccer verdicts last week, winning one and dropping the other.
The victory came Thursday night at Yelm, a nonleague encounter. Cassidy France scored both Hornet goals, one in each half.
The loss came Oct. 13 to the Peninsula Seahawks at Roy Andersen Stadium in Purdy. White River’s lone goal was scored by France in the 28th minute.
The Hornets faced perhaps their toughest task of the season Tuesday night, hosting the league-leading Bonney Lake Panthers; results came too late to be included here but will be posted at www.courierherald.com. Thursday, White River hosts Auburn Mountainview.