- Enumclaw Expo Center awarded funds for Field House Renovation | King County
- Metropolitan regions affirm commitment to welcoming Syrian refugees | King Count...
- Area athletes net all-league honors | Enumclaw, White River, Bonney Lake and Sum...
- County Council approves adding more land to King County’s “Green Curtain” | King...
- Enumclaw tackles unpaid court fines with new collection agency
- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
EHS GIRLS SWIM AND DIVE: Davenport and Bonthuis makes a splash
For the Hornets, it was freshman Bella Davenport and sophomore Erica Bonthuis who made a splash.
Davenport earned her spot on the blocks at the state meet with a fourth-place finish in the 100 breaststroke. She finished with a time of 1:14.56.
Bonthuis, a first-year diver, placed seventh, just missing the West-Central District’s last spot, but Monday coach Steve Bannerot got the call that Bonthuis was awarded a place on the board at state.
At districts, Bonthuis scored 246.25 points in the finals. Marissa O’Quinn of Peninsula took the sixth and final spot with a score of 246.80.
Enumclaw senior Lindsay Bowden finished 10th in the 100 freestyle with a 1:00.03, while the Hornets’ 200 freestyle relay of Bowden, Erin Wessel, Erin Stucker and Carly Hinman finished eleventh.
Wessel, Stucker and Hinman all return to the team next season.