- Enumclaw Expo Center awarded funds for Field House Renovation | King County
- Metropolitan regions affirm commitment to welcoming Syrian refugees | King Count...
- Area athletes net all-league honors | Enumclaw, White River, Bonney Lake and Sum...
- County Council approves adding more land to King County’s “Green Curtain” | King...
- Enumclaw tackles unpaid court fines with new collection agency
- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
EHS GIRLS WRESTLING: Bailey earns title for Lady Hornets
Enumclaw High’s Chantelle Bailey scored eight near-fall points in the second round of wrestling against Fife’s Faith Wasmund to win the 171-pound title, 13-4, at the Jaguar Invitational at Emerald Ridge in Puyallup Saturday.
“It was her best match of the year,” coach Jerry Scheidt said of Bailey, who was last season’s state champion.
Hornet freshman Jade Paterson finished third in the 285-pound division to boost Enumclaw to an 11th-place finish in the 23-team tournament.
The Hornets also brought along Miranda Long, Logann Erskine and Kassandra Renfrow, all placing in the top 10.
Enumclaw closes out the regular season Saturday in Seattle at the Jackson High tournament where more than 200 girls are expected to compete, including 60 who are returning state place winners.