- Two-car collision kills Buckley WSU student
- Green River levee work requires trail segment through Kent to close | King Count...
- Bloodworks Northwest plans blood drive next Monday
- Gas prices over the holidays stay low | Seattle Weekly Fuel Update & Outlook
- Enumclaw tackles unpaid court fines with new collection agency
- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
STATE SWIMMING: Enumclaw freshman breaks school record
Enumclaw High freshman Bennon VanHoof established a school record in the 100-yard breaststroke Friday afternoon at the Class 3A state swim and dive championships at the King County Aquatic Center in Federal Way.
VanHoof's time of 1 minute, 1.78 seconds bettered the previous record of 1:03.03, set by Chad Marlow in the 1990s. The school-record time placed VanHoof third in his heat and sixth overall, allowing him to advance to Saturday's finals in the event.
Also Friday, the Enumclaw High 200-yard medley relay team placed 18th with a time of 1:47.54.