- Two-car collision kills Buckley WSU student
- Green River levee work requires trail segment through Kent to close | King Count...
- Bloodworks Northwest plans blood drive next Monday
- Gas prices over the holidays stay low | Seattle Weekly Fuel Update & Outlook
- Enumclaw tackles unpaid court fines with new collection agency
- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Carel named league MVP; Engebretsen Coach of Year
For the second time, Enumclaw High guard Riley Carel has been named the South Puget Sound League 3A Most Valuable Player.
Hornet coach Phil Engebretsen was named Coach of the Year for the second straight year.
Teammate Tarren VanTrojen joins Carel on the first-team. Andre Winston of Lakes, Tana Pritchard of Clover Park and Anthony Bowden and Isaiah Hamlin, both of Franklin Pierce, round out the first team.
Enumclaw’s Jayson Lewis and Taylor Myers, and Bonney Lake’s Nathan Braun, received second-team all-league honors.
Honorable Mention went to Chad Sayler, Billy Kiel and Jason Tyler of White River, Mike Murphy of Sumner, Chad Marquez of Bonney Lake and Coleman Clyde of Enumclaw.
Sumner High earned Band of the Year honors.