- Two-car collision kills Buckley WSU student
- Green River levee work requires trail segment through Kent to close | King Count...
- Bloodworks Northwest plans blood drive next Monday
- Gas prices over the holidays stay low | Seattle Weekly Fuel Update & Outlook
- Enumclaw tackles unpaid court fines with new collection agency
- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Soccer: Two games for Enumclaw during spring break
They may not be attending class during spring break, but members of the Enumclaw High boys soccer team are keeping busy on the field.
The Hornets travel to Sunset Chev Stadium at 7 p.m. Wednesday to take on the Sumner Spartans. It’s the second game of break week, as the team traveled Monday for a nonleague contest at North Thurston.
Last week brought a March 31 loss at Steilacoom and a 1-1 tie with visiting Bonney Lake on March 29.
The nonleague loss saw the teams scoreless at intermission. The Sentinels jumped on top with a goal at 44 and sealed the victory with another at 52 minutes. Enumclaw’s Dylan Riley scored at 72 minutes to make things interesting but the Hornets could not find the net again.
Against Bonney Lake, Enumclaw’s Justin Williams scored in the 21st minute off an assist by Riley. The Hornets made the lead stand until the 65th minute, when the Panthers’ Danny Malloy answered, thanks to a Drew Sadowsky assist.