Dear Rep. Schrier,
Last night, I would have liked to have asked you a few questions during your town hall. But your precious time only allowed you 60 minutes to speak to your employers.
The yes or no question I had was, have you read the 880-page bill you voted for? Had you read the bill, you would have seen a plethora of items that had zero to do with a COVID relief. Instead, it has everything to do with giving your buddies massive amounts of money.
For example, you voted to give:
• Stimulus checks for state and federal inmates;
• $350 billion for state and local bailouts that predominantly benefit the locked-downed liberal states;
• $6.9 billion goes to Washington state, yet our budget deficit is minimal and in fact, there is now an expected budget surplus of over $3 billion in the next 2 years, generated exclusively by the private sector’s hard work;
• Nearly $1.5 billion for Amtrak, a completely mismanaged public railway system;
• $645 million for the Public Broadcasting Service (PBS), National Endowment for the Arts (NEA), National Endowment for the Humanities (NEH), and the Institute Museum and Library Services;
• $570 million paid leave benefit, available exclusively for federal employees to keep their children home when public schools refuse to reopen;
• $86 billion to private-sector union pension funds. Could this be why Unions vote for Democrats?;
• $50 million going to family planning organizations, including Planned Parenthood to assist in killing little innocent babies;
• $123 billion for K-12 schools while school buildings sit empty;
• $40 billion for higher education because they are the ones pushing your socialist utopia;
• Up to $25,000 in bonuses to be given to “essential” federal employees even though they were not laid off; and
• Nancy Pelosi’s City of San Francisco gets $600 million because…
During your campaign, you lied multiple times about your opponent and you lied to the voters about working with both Republicans and Democrats while in office. Your voting record provides all the proof you were not telling the truth. Everything you said during this little short telephone town hall was pure Pelosi talking points and at one point, right out of the Communist playbook. The $1.9 trillion COVID Relief bill was nothing more than paying the club members back who support your party. The COVID Relief Bill is the most reckless, corrupt bill ever to be signed into law in American history! And, not a single Republican in the House or Senate voted for it.
Congratulations Kim Schrier. Now explain to us in detail how this borrowed money is getting paid back?
I will give you credit for at least speaking to the public. Senators Patty Murray and Maria Cantwell to my knowledge have never had any kind of public town hall in Washington.