The At A Glance monthly calendar is published the last edition of every month to promote events in the coming month. To submit an event for the calendar, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• This is the due date to submit any designs for Enumclaw’s new municipal flag. To enter the contest, submit your artwork along with a short explanation of your design (why your flag should be chosen, the meaning behind various colors, symbols, shapes, etc.) to email@example.com. A design will likely be picked by the city council sometime in the new year, likely after a formal public comment and review period.
Jan. 10, 2022
• Crystal Mountain Resort will host a Mountain Safety Fest starting this day, and ending Jan. 16, open to all ages and skill levels. The mountain-wide scavenger hunt aims to teach snow sports enjoyers how to stay safe. Prizes will be awarded for those who complete various missions while practicing mountain safety exercises like avalanche awareness, equipment checks and more. For more information, visit: crystalmountainresort.com/things-to-do/event-calendar/2122-mountain-safety-fest.
• The city of Enumclaw is tentatively planning a snow play day behind the Arts Alive and Enumclaw Chamber of Commerce buildings on Cole Street. According to Cultural Programs and Events Coordinator Alina Hibbs, the event is “extremely” weather dependent, and if the dump trucks that have volunteered to go up to Crystal Mountain to be loaded up with snow cannot make the trip, the event will be cancelled. If the snow can be delivered, families can expect to enjoy a sledding hill and a small play area like last year’s inaugural event.
• Dr. Crüe, a Mötley Crüe tribute band, will be performing at the Chalet Theatre at 8 p.m. (doors open an hour earlier); tickets are $20 in advance (www.eventbrite.com/e/dr-crue-tickets-217259698607), or $25 at the door.
• The Chalet Theatre is hosting a Battle of the Bands between Alive 85, an Elvis tribute band, and The Warning, a Black Sabbath tribute band. Doors open at 7 p.m. with the show beginning at 8 p.m. Tickets can be bought at www.eventbrite.com/e/elvis-vs-ozzy-tickets-201881692577.
Snow on Cole
• The popular Snow on Cole events are moving from Fridays from 5 to 5:30 p.m. to Saturdays at the same time throughout the month. Come enjoy local food and drink while sitting around a fire pit when the “snow” begins to fall from nearby business.
Coffee with the Mayor
• Coffee with the Mayor is held at City Hall on every first Monday of the month (Tuesday if it is on a holiday) from 9 to 10 a.m. This is a casual session for citizens to meet with Mayor Jan Molinaro to discuss issues, concerns, and projects.
Brewski with a Newsie
• Come meet your local journalists on the first Wednesday of each month at Cole Street Brewery (1627 Cole Street, Enumclaw) from 5 to 6 p.m. This is an informal event where residents can pitch stories, fact-check articles, and talk shop. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 360-802-8220.
Free Hawks Games
• The Chalet Theatre in Enumclaw continues showing Seahawks games on the big screen. Admission is free; doors open 30 minutes prior to kickoff for 10 a.m. games, and doors open an hour prior to kickoff for all other game times. For more information, head to chalettheatre.com.