• Officers stopped a 29-year-old man driving a Toyota 4Runner at 11:43 p.m. Dec. 25 in the 23300 block of state Route 410 East. The man was found to have a felony warrant out for his arrest for escape from community custody in Olympia. During a search of the vehicle a syringe filled with a liquid was found. The man said it was either heroine or cocaine. The man was booked into the Pierce County jail.
• Officers responded to the 7400 block of 207th Avenue East at 8:30 p.m. Dec. 21 on a report of loud, all-terrain vehicles or quads riding in the street. The officers on the scene found a group of individuals drinking beer and blocking the street. The group was standing next to a snow ramp they had built in the middle of the road. Witnesses reported people were driving the ATVs while pulling people riding snowboards. A 22-year-old man drove a Cadillac Escalade, which was parked in the street, into a driveway. An officer told the group to put the ATVs away and take down the ramp. The group became argumentative and the officers told them to go inside their homes. The 22-year-old man was arrested for driving with a suspended license and disturbing the peace. One person called police to complain about the actions of the officers during the incident. The man was referred to the chief of police.
HIT AND RUN
• A 43-year-old man was arrested for hit and run at 6:42 p.m. Dec. 21. The man hit a city snowplow with his vehicle in the 7600 block of Myers Road East and fled the scene. Officers found the man. He told them he fled because his license was suspended and he did not want to go to jail. The man was booked into the Buckley jail and his vehicle was impounded.
• An officer was dispatched to the 8200 block of 188th Avenue East at 3 a.m. Dec. 20 on the report of a domestic assault. The officer spoke to a 19-year-old man who stated he had been assaulted by his 20-year-old brother at their residence in the 7000 block of Locust Avenue. The officer went with the man to the residence and spoke to the 20-year-old brother. The man said he was upset because the 19-year-old brother had left the older brother’s 2-year-old son alone when he was supposed to be watching the boy. The man said the younger brother hit him over the head with a hair brush during the argument and the man said the fight became physical. The officers determined the two had assaulted each other. When the two brothers were informed of the officers’ decision, they became verbally abusive and the younger brother kicked off his shoes, hitting one of the officers. The officers used capsicum pepper spray to control the older brother. The two brothers were taken from the house to the patrol cars. Pierce County Sheriff’s deputies came to the scene to assist in the arrests. As the younger brother was taken to the car he drug his feet and refused to walk. The older brother was booked into the Buckley jail and charged with fourth-degree assault, domestic violence and resisting arrest. The younger brother had an asthma attack on the way to the jail and was transported to Good Samaritan hospital after treatment by East Pierce Fire and Rescue medical personnel.
• A 44-year-old man was arrested and cited for driving under the influence after his car slid into a ditch at 6 p.m. Dec. 20. The incident occurred in the 7700 block of 194th Avenue East. The road was covered with snow and ice. Officers were receiving reports of vehicles in the ditch. When an officer arrived at the scene the man’s pickup was in the ditch and he stated a friend was coming to help him. The officer could smell alcohol on the man. The man failed a field sobriety test. The man was cited for driving under the influence and his truck was impounded.
• Officers were dispatched at 9:30 p.m. Dec. 20 to the Safeway parking lot on the report of an aggressive panhandler. The 48-year-old man had grabbed people and jumped into people’s cars demanding money. He was extremely intoxicated. The man was booked into the Buckley jail for disorderly conduct.
• A 22-year-old man was cited for reckless driving at 11:40 p.m. Dec. 20 in the 7400 block of 194th Avenue East. An officer arrived at the scene and saw several all-terrain vehicles traveling down 194th. The lead ATV was driven by the 22-year-old man and he was towing two men on sleds. The man was approaching the patrol car at a high rate of speed and nearly collided with the vehicle. When the man stopped, the people being towed slid in front of the patrol car. None of the people were wearing helmets and the ATV was not street legal. The remaining people on the ATVs fled the scene. When the officer confronted the man he denied doing anything wrong and became argumentative. The man was arrested, but the officer agreed to release him to his father and brother. The ATV was also released to the father.
• Officers in a police vehicle observed three males in the process of moving a stolen all-terrain vehicle from the back of a red pickup at 3 a.m. Dec. 19 in the 9700 block of 233 Avenue East. The officers saw one of the men back up a gray pickup to the bed of the red pickup. When the officer turned his vehicle around the ATV was loaded in the gray pickup. The officer turned his emergency lights on and the three men fled in the gray truck. The truck sped onto SR 410 East. The officers called for backup. Other Bonney Lake officers and an officer from Buckley responded. The truck reached speeds of 75 mph heading toward Buckley. The pickup turned onto Ryan Road with the Buckley officer in pursuit. A Bonney Lake officer set up spike strips, which the pickup ran over. The pickup continued to travel west on Main Street in Buckley, finally coming to a stop at the corner of Main and Naches Avenue. The men abandoned the pickup and ran from the scene. Buckley, Enumclaw and Bonney Lake officers and Pierce County Sheriff’s deputies set up a search perimeter. A K-9 search dog from the Puyallup Police Department arrived on the scene. All three suspects were found, arrested and taken to the Bonney Lake Police Station for questioning. The ages of the men were 20, 19 and 17.
The 17-year-old man was booked into Remann Hall and charged with possession of a stolen vehicle, taking a motor vehicle without permission and minor in possession. The 20-year-old man was booked into the Pierce County jail and charged with theft of a motor vehicle, attempting to elude, driving with a suspended license, minor in possession, three counts of possession of a stolen vehicle and taking a motor vehicle without permission. The 19-year-old was booked into the Pierce County jail and charged with three counts of possession of a stolen vehicle, taking a motor vehicle without permission and minor in possession.