Battery fire torches Let’s Roll Buckley trailer

An employee reportedly noticed the fire and evacuated customers in time to avoid injuries.

A fire started from a battery station torched the Let’s Roll Buckley electric bike rental station on the Foothills Trail on Sunday, June 26.

The fire was reported at 3:05 p.m. that afternoon, Buckley Fire Chief Eric Skogen said. While the accidental fire led to an estimated loss of about $20,000, there were thankfully no injuries, he reported.

An employee of Let’s Roll had noticed an e-bike battery inside the trailer begin to smoke, Skogen said. The battery was in storage and was not being charged at the time.

The employee evacuated customers and called 911. By the time that emergency call ended, the battery had caught fire and had started to ignite the other batteries and contents of the trailer.

The owners of Let’s Roll Buckley haven’t responded to requests for comment from the Courier-Herald, but said on Facebook that the only employee working there at the time is OK.

“We want to give a big thank you to the Buckley Fire Dept. for handling the situation quickly,” the company said on its Facebook page. “And thank you to this community – we’ve received an unbelievable number of calls and texts and offers of help, trucks, trailers and storage of the bikes that were mostly spared in the fire. Buckley really is filled with the best people.”