– Officers responded to a report of a juvenile standing at an intersection while holding a large kitchen knife. Officers made contact with the juvenile and took him home, where he was released to a parent.
– At about 6:48 p.m., Black Diamond Officers assisted Enumclaw police with traffic control while they investigated a hit-and-run where the suspect had fled the scene on foot. At 7:35 p.m., officers cleared the scene.
– An officer responded to the 32300 block of Second Avenue after hearing of a tent that had been set up near a city property. Officers checked the tent and found it unoccupied. The tent was on private property and not city property. Officers were unable to contact the property owners or determine who was living in the tent.
– Officers responded to the 32600 block of Third Avenue for a vehicle theft. A man had taken a vehicle from the gas pumps while the owner was inside the store. The owner’s dog was also in the truck. Officers checked the area but were unable to locate the stolen vehicle. The suspect was later located and the dog was returned to its owner. (See full story in this edition.)
– Officers were dispatched at 2:51 a.m. to a disabled vehicle that was blocking traffic in the 21700 block of Southeast 292nd Street. Police contacted the driver of the vehicle and were advised the vehicle had broken down. After identifying the driver, officers helped move the vehicle off the roadway.
– At approximately 9:53 a.m., officers received a call about people trespassing at a residence in the 31300 block of Third Avenue. Police located three subjects inside a residence that were not supposed to be there. Two were issued a criminal trespass forms and escorted off the premises. The other subject was transported to the Enumclaw jail where he was fingerprinted. His true identity was discovered and he was booked on an outstanding felony warrant issued by the state Department of Corrections.
– At 1:33 a.m., officers were dispatched to help Enumclaw police in the area of Battersby Avenue for a report of a disorderly person. When officers arrived, Enumclaw officers arrested the individual for possession of drug paraphernalia. Officers later cleared the scene without incident.