Step back in time and learn the history of Pierce County through photographs, displays and artifacts at Discover Pierce County’s Heritage event Saturday, Feb. 24 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Orting Pierce County Library, 202 Washington Ave. S. in Orting.
Ten historical societies and museums will gather at this free event to illustrate different snapshots of Pierce County history.
Participating historical societies and museums include:
- Carbon River Corridor/Wilkeson Historical Society
- DuPont Historical Society/Museum
- Foothills Historical Museum
- The Fred Oldfield Western Heritage & Art Center
- Greater Bonney Lake Historical Society
- Meeker Mansion
- Orting Historical Society
- Prairie House Museum
- South Hill Historical Society
- Sumner Historical Society
The purpose of this event is to show the rich and varied history of the areas represented. Individuals from the historical societies and small museums will share stories and information all in one place at one time to bring the history of Pierce County alive.