Enumclaw, Black Diamond police blotter | June. 28 – July 8 |

Burglary, a cut fence and many complaints about fireworks


July 8

– A city resident reported he was a victim of unemployment fraud and had been instructed by his insurance carrier to report the incident to the police.

Police were told that unknown items had been taken from a Roosevelt Avenue business. Police checked the area for a suspect vehicle without success. The following day, police were to check with the business for possible video.

July 7

– Police took an anonymous complaint about excessive noise coming from a Victor Street location. When officers arrived at 10:30 p.m. it appeared a party was ending and there were no issues to deal with.

– Just after 10 p.m. police were alerted to an altercation at a Warner Avenue location. The involved parties were contacted and the situation was found to be verbal only. One of the people involved departed.

– A complaint was lodged at 5:30 p.m. about multiple vehicles parked on a city street. An officer made contact with someone who agreed to have the vehicles moved by midnight.

– A bicycle was reported stolen after it was left outside a Stevenson Avenue business. There were no suspects and no witnesses.

– Police were told of a hit-and-run incident that occurred at 5:36 p.m. on state Route 410. After a collision, one of the drivers asked the other for insurance information. With that, the second driver returned to his vehicle and departed.

– At 11:37 a.m. police learned of a person refusing to leave private property. Upon police contact the area was cleaned up and the individual moved along.

– A fence at the City Shops building on Railroad Street was cut during the night. There were no suspects or witnesses.

July 6

– An officer was flagged down at 10:04 p.m. by an individual on Blanchat Court. The citizen was provided a ride home.

– Police were contacted at 6:36 p.m. by someone concerned about a dog left inside a vehicle parked on Roosevelt Avenue. An officer contacted the registered owner of the vehicle by phone and learned they would soon be leaving. Additionally, the officer noted the windows were down and the animal was not in distress.

– Police conducted a traffic stop at 6 p.m. at Garrett Street and Mill Avenue. The motorist was booked and released for driving with a suspended license and the vehicle was impounded.

– Police responded to an early-evening domestic dispute that was found to be verbal only. The male involved in the dispute agreed to leave for the night.

– An Estero Avenue resident called police at 9:35 a.m., complaining abut a lawn care company working in his neighborhood. An officer contacted the resident by phone and explained possible options.

– A dog was found outside St. Elizabeth Hospital and tested negative when scanned for a microchip. Hospital staff agreed to post about the dog on social media and, further, reach out to an animal shelter.

July 5

– Two vehicles were reportedly racing around a Kibler Avenue building. Both were parked when police arrived; an officer contacted the drivers and issued warnings about their behavior.

– An unwanted person, who turned out to be a former employee, was reported at a Cole Street business. The individual was trespassed from the property.

– It was 3:34 in the morning when a Natalie Place resident told police of an unwanted person attempting to enter the home. An officer responded and contacted an intoxicated individual who was at the wrong house.

– Just after 3 a.m. someone reported a possible burglary occurring at a neighbor’s home on Willow Drive. Police contacted a person who had the owner’s permission to be there.

– At 2:55 a.m. a Cole Street business owner reported a burglary in progress. Officers responded and a suspect was arrested for second-degree burglary.

July 4

– After taking an 11:59 p.m. complaint about fireworks at Division Street and Kibler Avenue police contacted two groups who agreed to stop igniting fireworks. It was just one of many calls received that night concerning fireworks.

– An unwanted individual was reported in the parking lot of a city church. The subject was trespassed from the property and also was taken to St. Elizabeth Hospital for evaluation.

– Police took an afternoon report regarding a motor vehicle collision on private property. Officers responded to the Railroad Street/Marshall Avenue location, found that medical personnel were on the scene and that insurance information was being exchanged.

– At 2:34 a.m. police were told of a fight in progress at a Railroad Street location. Officers responded and the people involved dispersed.

July 3

– A report was taken regarding the violation of a no-contact order. An officer responded to a Roosevelt Avenue location and found the suspect had already departed. A citation was to be mailed.

– An anonymous report was received about a woman on the side of the road. Officers responded to the vicinity of Southeast 449 th Street and 244 th Avenue Southeast and located the woman who was transported by fire department personnel to St. Elizabeth Hospital.


July 4

– Officers were dispatched at 11:37 p.m. to a dispute at a Maple Avenue location. Upon police arrival the trouble was resolved.

– A suspicious person pushing a shopping cart prompted a 7:47 p.m. police response to the Ten Trails neighborhood. Officers made contact with the individual in question, who required water and directions to Auburn.

– A complaint about a loud party on 232nd Place was received at 4:41 p.m. An officer arrived, stood at the end of the driveway and heard nothing that was unreasonable.

– An officer responded at 12:33 p.m. to an unwanted person at a Third Avenue location. The individual was trespassed from the property and provided directions to a bus stop.

– At 1:47 a.m., an officer located a suspicious vehicle and individual at the intersection of Evergreen Street and Poplar Avenue. The person’s identity was obtained and he was released.

July 2

– Officers were dispatched to the 29600 block of 232nd Avenue Southeast after taking a fireworks complaint. Upon arrival, police contacted the person hosting a party. He agreed that fireworks would be halted and music would be turned down.

July 1

– A theft of lumber from a construction site had police responding to the 33200 block of Evergreen Avenue. The project manager said the missing items included 104 2x6s and 142 sheets of plywood that were on the ground in front of two homes being built. The total loss was estimated at $15,500. There were no immediate suspects.

– After fielding a complaint about fireworks, police responded and contacted individual who denied setting off any fireworks. Still, officers provided information about when fireworks could be ignited.

– Police stopped a vehicle on Third Avenue due to a traffic violation and discovered the license plates on the automobile were registered to a different vehicle. The driver was detained while officers investigated and released once ownership of the vehicle was confirmed.

– A hit-and-run incident involving mailboxes was said to have occurred during the afternoon hours. There were no immediate suspects or leads and the case was deemed inactive unless details could be provided.

– A dispute over ownership of a cat prompted a police response. The complainant advised that she bought a cat from a friend and left the feline with the friend while she was away. A family member of the seller then took the animal and refused to return it. Investigation determined the issue was a civil one, not criminal, and not for police intervention.

June 30

– City police were called to a residence on Maple Valley-Black Diamond Road to assist King County deputies with a domestic disturbance.

– A resident of the 2300 block of Southeast 290th told police a bear was walking through the neighborhood. Officers responded and located the bear, but a request to secure the animal – made to a relevant agency – was declined. Officers departed once the bear had left the area.

– A call was forwarded through Valley Communication about a medical issue; the woman making the call refused to provide information. Both police and emergency medical personnel responded and found a man having seizures due to “detoxing” from alcohol. He was transported by King County medics to the Auburn hospital.

– A theft from a vehicle was reported by a resident of 232nd Place Southeast. There were no witnesses or surveillance video. The case was deemed inactive unless information was made available.

June 29

– After hearing of a single-vehicle accident in the 30700 block of Covington-Sawyer Road, officers arrived and assisted King County deputies with traffic control while the scene was investigated.

June 28

– Both police officers and emergency medical personnel were dispatched to deal with a possible fentanyl overdose. Prior to their arrival, the reporting party advised that the victim was awake and breathing normally. Officers stood by while the patient was evaluated, then assisted the patient’s wife while she packed and took their children to spend the night with a family member. The patient refused to be taken to a hospital.

– Police responded to the 22400 block of Southeast 288th Street after being told of a burglary. The crime was confirmed and an on-scene investigation was conducted.

– A license plate was reported stolen from a boat trailer at the Lake Sawyer boat launch. A report was taken and the plate was entered into the Washington Crime. Information Center.