Enumclaw police reports March 1-6

TWO CHARGES: At 3:11 a.m. March 4, officers responded to a Kibler Avenue residence where they arrested a man fourth-degree assault/domestic violence and interfering with the reporting of a domestic violence incident.

EXTRA PATROL: A Garfield Street resident notified police March 6 after discovering someone had attempted to enter his home. Screens had been removed from windows but no entry was made. A report was taken and the resident asked for additional police patrol.

VULGAR SIGN: Police responded March 6 to a Garfield Street address to address a dispute between neighbors. A vulgar sign had been put up, aimed at the reporting party. All involved were contacted, the issue was settled and the sign was taken down.

SUMNER ASSIST: Enumclaw police assisted Sumner authorities March 6. Sumner was working on a case involving threats against a person and had probable cause to arrest a suspect who works in Enumclaw. Enumclaw police located the suspect and detained him at the station until Sumner police arrived to take custody.

VEHICLE ENTERED: A Carbon Ridge resident told police the morning of March 5 someone had gone through a vehicle during the previous weekend but nothing was taken.

TWO CHARGES: At 3:11 a.m. March 4, officers responded to a Kibler Avenue residence where they arrested a man  fourth-degree assault/domestic violence and interfering with the reporting of a domestic violence incident.

VEHICLE PROWL: A Hunter Court resident reported March 4 a vehicle prowl had occurred the previous night. Taken were an iPod and two Nintendo games. The value of the missing items was estimated at $550. There were no immediate suspects.

WARRANT ARREST: Police searched March 4 for a vehicle reportedly being driven by an impaired motorist. When stopped it was determined the driver was not under the influence. A passenger, however, was found to be wanted on an Auburn arrest warrant and was soon turned over to Auburn authorities.

ROAD RAGE: A motorist called police March 4 reporting a road rage incident stemming from an incident that nearly involved an accident. The caller was being followed by the other involved party but, when the caller pulled over, the other person kept going. The caller declined an officer response but agreed to call again if the other driver was spotted.

GETTING SICK: A woman contacted police the afternoon of March 3, complaining that someone had put something in her drink that caused her to become ill.

DOMESTIC VIOLENCE: A man was taken into custody the morning of March 2 and booked on assault and resisting arrest charges.

SUSPICIOUS: An adult male was seen loitering outside a Cole Street bank shortly before 8 a.m. March 2. An officer recognized the man and provided him transportation to his Griffin Avenue residence. About 30 minutes later, police were told the man had returned to the bank and was banging on the front door. Police returned and, after talking with bank staff, determined the man had an account there. He was allowed to wait by the door until the bank opened at 9 a.m.

GET BUCKLED: An employee of a Garrett Street business called police the afternoon of March 2, reporting a woman was driving a vehicle with six young passengers, none of whom were buckled into their seats. Police contacted the driver and issued her a citation.

MANY ACCIDENTS: Police responded shortly before 9 a.m. March 1 to Milepost 36 on state Route 410 after hearing of multiple vehicles involved in separate accidents, all occurring simultaneously. One vehicle was over the embankment and two buses were involved. Officers assisted Washington State Patrol troopers with taking reports.

SHOTS NEAR SCHOOL: A school official called police at 10:47 a.m. March 1, reporting what was thought to be gunshots coming from a nearby location, across 244th Avenue Southeast. An officer determined where the shots were coming from, noted that it was an “open shoot” area and learned that the property owner was aware of what was going on. The owner agreed to make sure there were no children were outside the school the next time. Both Sunrise and Southwood elementary schools were advised of the situation.