If you’ve got junk to recycle or hazardous materials you want safety tossed, mark you calendars — June 4, 5, and 6 will see the city of Enumclaw and King County’s Wastemobile collecting myriad items for proper disposal.
The Wastemobile will be parked at the Enumclaw Expo Center from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. June 4, 5, and 6, while the city will be collecting other items for disposal or recycling only on June 5.
Though many items can be brought to the event and disposed of for free, some items do come with a disposal fee, and exact change is required.
Here’s a list of items you can dispose of at the event, and which won’t be accepted.
- Tires — limit six passenger tires per vehicle, 18 inches or less, free of charge. $1.50 fee for extra tires off the rim, and $3 for each tire on the rim. $9 fee for each large truck tire, and $18 for truck tires on the rim. No oversized tires accepted. (June 5 only)
- Motor oil, filers, and antifreeze — no containers over five gallons, and total amount can’t exceed 25 gallons. Do not mix oil and antifreeze. Motor oil must not be combined with other oils, though brake fluid, hydraulic oil, transmission oil, etc., can be mixed together.
- Lead acid batteries
- Batteries and cellphone batteries
- Rechargeable batteries — under two pounds
- Flattened cardboard — no max-covered cardboard (June 5 only)
- Propane tanks — maximum tank size seven gallons
- Porcelain toilets and sinks ($15 charge) — toilet seats, hardware, and wax rings must be removed (June 5 only)
- Bulky wood — logs and large tree branches (six inches diameter maximum), clean wood, plywood, pallets, and other untreated and unpainted wood. (June 5 only)
- Appliances and scrap metal — auto parts, gas mowers (drained of oil and gas), stoves, microwaves, washers, dryers, dishwashers, etc.
- Refrigerators and freezers ($30 charge for each) (June 5 only)
- Air conditioners ($35 charge for each) (June 5 only)
- Computers and electronics — DVD players, VCRs, stereo equipment, printers, copiers, cellphones, computers, keyboards, etc. No T.V. sets or computer monitors (June 5 only)
- Mattresses and box springs ($15 for each)
DO NOT BRING
- Household goods
- Plastic toys or play houses
- Peg board, particle board or press board
- Leaves, grass, small branches, sod, or other yard debris
- Metals that are insulated, rubber, or oil coated
- Appliances that currently contain gas, oil, chemicals, paint, etc.
- Light fixture ballasts
- T.V. sets and computer monitors
- Anything wet or soiled