One woman was found dead after a fire broke out in a Bonney Lake home last weekend.
According to East Pierce Fire and Rescue, firefighters were dispatched to the fire on the 20800 block of 91st Street East in Bonney Lake around 10:43 p.m.
When they arrived, the double-wide mobile move was already engulfed. As crews attempted to douse the fire from the outside, some entered the home to conduct a search.
It was then they discovered Sandra Penland, 55, in her the bedroom. The Pierce County Medical Examiner’s Office said Penland’s cause of death was carbon monoxide poisoning due to the fire.
The scene was cleared around 2:30 a.m. A total of four fire engines, one ladder truck, and two medic units, and 19 firefighters responded to the incident, with mutual aid provided by Orting Valley Fire & Rescue.