– Officers responded at 6 p.m. to a possible strong arm robbery at a business in the 31400 block of Third Avenue. The suspect initially fled on foot but was later taken into custody and booked into the King County Jail, charged with robbery and burglary.
– Officers were dispatched to the 25400 block of Kanaskat Drive after receiving a report of damaged mailboxes. Upon arrival, it was determined that several locked mailboxes had been forcibly opened, with mail removed. This case was placed in inactive status pending the development of any suspect information.
– An officer stopped a vehicle with expired tabs in the 21500 block of Southeast Covington Sawyer Road. The driver did not have a valid driver’s license and had not transferred the title of the vehicle into his name. He was cited and released from the scene and his vehicle was impounded.
– At approximately 1:37 a.m., officers stopped a vehicle near the 32600 block of Third Avenue. Upon investigation it was determined that the motorist was under the influence of liquor and/or drugs. The driver was arrested for felony DUI as it was his fourth such charge in less than 10 years. He was later booked into the King County jail.
– At 4:15 p.m., an officer contacted two subjects walking in the area of Lawson Street and Fifth Avenue. Both were detained until arrest warrants could be confirmed. A man was placed under arrest and, during a search of the suspect, a large butcher knife was found in the waistband of his pants. A woman was found to be wanted on a Federal Way warrant but that agency asked that she be released from the scene. The male was transported to the Issaquah jail where he was booked on the arrest warrant and a charge of possessing a dangerous weapon.
– Police contacted individuals who were in a local park after hours. One of the people contacted was the subject of an arrest warrant and was detained. The originating agency declined to confirm the warrant and the individual was released.
– The department was told of a tankless hot water heater being stolen from a home under construction in the 28800 block of 24th Avenue Southeast. There were no immediate suspects. Two days earlier, police had been told of construction equipment being stolen from sites in the same block.
– Police responded at 1:39 a.m. to the 33100 block of Pacific Street after hearing of suspicious circumstances regarding a vehicle and an unsecured building. At the scene, an individual in possession of a loaded and concealed weapon was contacted. The suspect, who did not have a permit to carry the weapon, was arrested and booked into jail.