The golfing public is invited to participate as Nexus Youth and Families Enumclaw announces its second annual Celebrity Golf Tournament.
Join other “Caddies for the Community” and spend the day at Enumclaw Golf Course with local sport celebrities, supporting youth, young adults and families.
The scramble format tournament – sponsored by Fugate Ford – will take place on Sept. 22, with a shotgun start at 9 a.m. The cost of the tournament is $100 and includes breakfast, box lunch, on-course vendors and games, and a post-round awards ceremony at 3:30 p.m.
Among the local sport celebrities taking part will be:
• linebacker Michael Jackson, who spent eight seasons with the Seattle Seahawks after playing for the UW Huskies, where he was an All-American;
• linebacker Jason Chorak, who played for the Indianapolis Colts following a collegiate career with at the University of Washington;
• defensive back Nesby Glasgow, who played for the Indianapolis Colts, Seattle Seahawks and UW Huskies;
• Robin Earl, who starred at Kent-Meridian High School and the UW Huskies before a long career with the Chicago Bears;
• defensive lineman Alonzo Mitz, who played for the Cincinnati Bengals and the Seattle Seahawks;
• and Slick Watts, an NBA fan favorite who played for the Seattle Sonics.
Event proceeds will support the Enumclaw Youth Center and its Wilderness Adventure Program. The Youth Center provides a safe, monitored, recreation center for community youth and the Wilderness Adventure Program encourages youth to leave behind cell phones and computer games to climb rocks, row rafts through whitewater, hike wilderness trails and sleep under the stars.
To register for the tournament, visit www.nexus4kids.org/enumclaw/golf. For more information, contact Gary Hemminger at email@example.com or call 360-615-5651.