James M. “Jim” Walker of Wilkeson died Jan. 18, 2017 at the age of 87.
He was born May 10, 1929, in Pensacola, Okla., to James T. and Lula Kate (Thurman) Walker. He was raised in Hood River, Ore., served in the U.S. Navy and moved to Wilkeson in 1957. He worked for Weyerhaeuser and Boeing; opened the Suts Hut Café and Eagle Tavern, both in Wilkeson, and ran the Eagle Tavern for 32 years; he also owned and operated Walker’s Dry Wall. He enjoyed hunting, fishing, watching the Mariners, making people laugh and being around family and friends.
He is survived by sons Dale Walker (Debbie) of Orting and Bob Walker (Bonnie) of Wilkeson; daughters Connie Fairchild (Dave) of Buckley and Debi Stotts (Jack) of Enumclaw; 13 grandchildren and 30 great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his wife, Patricia A. Walker, on Feb. 13, 2011.
A memorial service is planned for noon Saturday, Feb. 4, at Weeks’ Funeral Home in Buckley. Private military honors will be held and he will be placed at Tahoma National Cemetery alongside his wife.
In lieu of flowers, donations are suggested to the Wilkeson Eagles N. 1409, in care of the Wilkeson Booster Club for the handcar races.
Arrangements are by Weeks’ Funeral Home. All may sign the online guest book at www.weeksfuneralhomes.com.