The Gateway Concert Band will be performing at 2 p.m. March 22 at the White River High School auditorium and 7 p.m. March 23 at the Enumclaw High School auditorium.
It’s going to be a spectacular concert, very tough music. We’d like to get a bigger audience than we’ve had in the past, not necessarily for more donations, but because we put so much work into our concerts, that we feel more people would enjoy what we offer in music, and we in the band would enjoy having more hear us.
Our band is probably the best band you’ll hear in the Pacific Northwest. Many members are trained musicians, some are music teachers; a few are professionally playing with other groups. Members come from all areas of the South Sound region including Des Moines, Hobart, Renton, Kent, Puyallup, Sumner, Maple Valley, Bonney Lake, Wilkeson, Orting, Buckley, Enumclaw, et al
Here are a few comments received from our audience at the last December concert:
• The whole concert was great! You should make a CD!
• How can 45 musicians sound like the Boston Pops?
• Great as usual
• Well done!
• Wonderful—very professional sounding
• Fun—entertaining—beautiful tone and dynamics—flawless solos—excellent song choice
• Very good, lively & entertaining
• Accomplished, polished performance
• Superb as usual—Enjoy Jack’s humor and Janine’s Christmas trees—incredible talented musicians
• Good variety of music
• We always enjoy the concerts. This one was exceptionally nice. The band is very polished now and performs well. We really appreciate the program notes and all of Jack’s information about each piece. They add to the interest.
• Wonderful!!! More professional and good every time we come!!!
• I’ve been coming for years + haven’t been disappointed yet.
• Excellent as always
These concerts are always free, however we do indeed accept donations and suggest $5.
Lots of photos and information can be found at our Web site. Our all-volunteer group roster has ranged from 35-55 players, depending on seasons and family needs.